Novice Driver Training - ARDS Test
So you want to take the next step and actually go motor racing? The first thing you will need is an MSA National B competition licence.
- Take the ARDS test (Novice Driver Training Course)
- Learn from the best race instructors in the UK
- Experience at Croft Circuit
What to expect from the Novice Drivers Training Course
There is a set procedure to secure your licence which is set out by the Motorsport UK
- Apply to Motorsport UK for your 'Go Racing' starter pack, which will include:
- Licence application form
- Go Racing video
- Motorsport UK yearbook
- Starting Motorsport handbook
- Association of Racing Drivers Schools leaflet.
- Have a racing medical examination with your doctor and ensure that the form is signed and returned to you - some doctors may charge for this.
- Contact us on 01325 721815 to book your course. The ARDS test consists of the following:
- Classroom briefing
- Driving test. The instructor will demonstrate the lines and technique to you before you drive for a minimum of 5 laps.
- Two multiple-choice exam papers
Please remember that although you will receive tuition and help on your course, the main purpose is to test your suitability to hold a competition licence. We offer a one hour one-to-one instruction prior to the on track assessment for a charge of £175 (£195 without the ARDS course)
Once you have successfully completed the course you must send all the relevant paperwork to Motorsport UK to be validated:
Please contact Motorsport UK on Telephone: 01753 765000
About the Junior ARDS Training Program
Croft also run the Junior ARDS course for 14 to 16 year olds and up. The cost is £600. Below is the criteria for applicants:
- The minimum age for a driver to take the course and hold a Race Licence is 14 years old
- Application must be supported by or received from a Junior Race Championship organizing club. These are BARC (Junior Ginetta), BRSCC (T-Cars) and 750 Motor Club (SaxMax).
Once they have completed the Junior ARDS Training Programme the registered Croft Junior ARDS Instructor will sign off their application. Their licence will then be issued in the name of the driver but held by the organizing club of their championship (until they are 16 years old then they will hold a full licence).
For more information on the ARDS Junior Driver Training Programme, please call 01325 721815.
Already have a voucher?
Congratulations on receiving a gift voucher for a driving experience at Croft Circuit! To get yourself booked in please click please call 01325 721815Call 01325 721815 to Book